The role holder will play a key role in the preparation of financial and performance reports of the Bank. Provide reports on trend and variance analysis to management. The position is also responsible for general ledger accountability and provide Branch/department support and other special projects as assigned.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of financial management reports (performance reports) to all stakeholders and provide relevant feedback for effective decision making.
- Prepare timely and accurate statutory reports to the central bank and all correspondence between the bank and other institutions regarding financial reporting
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly reports to the Group office.
- Preparation of ALCO reports.
- Together with supervisor, prepare quarterly publication of the bank’s financial statements as per regulation.
- Review general ledger daily to reflect account bank activities and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Preparation and circulation of Branch management reports. Provide support to business and branch teams with adhoc report requests.
- Liaise and maintain knowledge of the local Authorities requirements and ensure compliance with reporting requirements, tax regulations and other banking and legal requirements (Central Bank of Burundi “BRB”, Burundi Revenue Authority “OBR”, Ministry of Finance);
- Finance department risk champion: coordination of the monthly risk meeting, custodian of risk register and submission of all risk and compliance reports.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:
- An undergraduate Degree in a Business Accounting Related Degree. Master Degree in Finance will be added as advantage.
- Professional qualification/ongoing ACCA/CPA PART 2 as desirable.
- Total Professional experience is 2 years in Finance. Knowledge of regulatory & statutory requirements.
- Knowledge accounting standards
- Excellent planning, organization and Business report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Your application must be received by 3rd November, 2021.
To be considered, your application must have:
- A copy of your ID.
- Degree certificate.
- Birth certificate (of self).
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 3 months old).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
The above position is demanding role and the Bank will provide a competitive package for the right candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log into our Recruitment Portal below and submit your application.